Williamson Brown, one of the region’s leading creators of bespoke jewellery, can help you transform a valuable outdated heirloom into a unique piece of wearable art. We can provide you with proposed designs bringing them to life using our artists’ drawing skills. From sketches, your chosen design will be carved from a solid block of jewellers wax to provide an exact, to scale, model of the final product. The wax model will be cast by our specialists in your chosen metal and your precious stones re-set, with the jewellery finished in our workshop in Jesmond. The whole process from sketch to hallmarking takes approximately six weeks.
1. Our head designer will listen to your brief and work with you to explain your ideas.
2. We then provide you with a sketch to show you the concept of your jewellery to make sure that we’ve made your vision come to life.
3. Next we talk to you about the best materials for your design.
4. Once we know how it’s going to look and have chosen the materials, we are able to provide you with a rough estimate of how much it is likely to cost.
5. If you are happy with our design and the estimated cost we take a small deposit from you and begin crafting your piece.
6. We then show you a wax model of your jewellery which gives you a really good feel for what your final piece will look like.
7. We are now at the stage to provide you with a final price for your jewellery.
8. At this point you are able to cancel or go ahead with the commission.
9. We then take a further 25% payment.
10. And finally we allow another 3-4 weeks* to put the finishing touches to your commissioned piece.